prague is breathtaking
my bus was super late, and i was cold, underslept, nervous and grumpy
yet when i stepped out of the train station i was speechless
about how beautiful it was, even at midnight.
here are the highlights, the pictures will come later:
- ambiguous cobble stone pavements/roads
- the buildings that took so long to get built it incorporates all architectural styles (neo gothic, nouveau and cubist?!)
- how they tipped wagner's statue off the national theatre's roof when hitler came and visited because they thought it was a statue of jewish mendelsohhn ... and then hitler was real upset.
- awkward hostel people times
- rude rude rude czechs ... worse than paris!
- still wearing the same clothes as i was on monday.